IIT Office of Community Affairs and Outreach Programs, IIT Office of External Affairs, the Office of State Senator Mattie Hunter (Third District), The Institute for Positive Living, ComEd, and others, are hosting the 12th Annual Health, Fun and Fitness Fair. The event will be held on Saturday, August 1, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the IIT Main Campus at 33rd Street and State Street in the field north of S. R. Crown Hall. No appointments or RSVPs are necessary. Free health and fitness services, back-to-school supplies, raffles, activities and food will be available for families and residents.
There will also be a communal balloon release at 10:45 a.m. in support of families of victims of violence and those who have lost a loved one to breast cancer. The fair will include:
- St. Bernard Hospital pediatric mobile unit will offer free physicals for students entering first, fifth and ninth grades, along with immunizations and lead testing
- Health screenings for all ages – blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, osteoporosis and diabetes
- Back-to-school giveaways for children, as well as free haircuts, bookbags and school supplies
- Free food and entertainment – live performances on the main entertainment stage by two world-champion gymnast teams – the South Shore Drill Team and the Jesse White Tumblers
- Raffles and prizes – raffles free passes to the Chicago Children’s Museum, as well as a Nest smart-learning thermostat and a Kindle e-reader provided by Direct Energy
- Story time on the Direct Energy “Innovation to Inspiration” mobile exhibit at 11:45 a.m.
Parents or legal guardians must accompany children under 18 for physicals and immunizations. Immunizations require an immunization history.
Contact State Senator Hunter’s office at 312.949.1908 or SenatorHunter03@sbcglobal.net for more information.