IIT would like to recognize employees who either on an individual or a team level exemplify IIT’s spirit of excellence in the calendar year 2014 by:
- Distinguished service to the IIT community (staff, students, or community as a whole)
- Exemplary leadership on strategic initiatives at the university level
The success of our students, faculty, and university would not be possible without the hard work, outstanding support, and services provided by the IIT staff. This is your opportunity to nominate a staff member who exemplifies IIT’s spirit of excellence for the Staff Excellence Award. Nominations can be accepted from staff, faculty, or students.
Judging criteria will be based on service to students, faculty, or staff; innovation and excellence of the initiative; and the degree to which the initiative improves a university function. In addition, the submissions must clearly align with at least one of IIT’s Values and Core Principles: Focus on Students, to Foster Leadership and Ethical Decision-Making, Commitment to Diversity and Excellence, Focus on Resource Management, to Heighten Reputation through Activity in the Community, and Engage Alumni. A team of committee members will review the nominations and select award winners in each of the areas below:
- Newly hired employee with at least one year of service.
- A staff member with at least three years of service.
- Work groups that collaborated on an initiative that significantly improved the function of the university. The teams can be interdepartmental or cross-functional.
Submit nominations to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations are due by February 6, 2015. All nominations will need to be submitted on the attached submission form.
Thank you for taking the time to help identify outstanding staff members for this special recognition. The awards will be presented at the spring staff meeting on March 10, 2015. If you have any questions, please call Toni Murril at 312.567.3012.