The Illinois Tech Women’s Soccer team fell in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Semifinals to Milwaukee School of Engineering on October 30. The Raiders (13-9) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (14-5-1) 2-1 at Stuart Field.
How It Happened
- Shelby Namen put the Raiders on the scoreboard in the 36th minute.
- Caeli Kennedy responded with a goal of her own in the 37th minute with an assist from Jamie Griggs.
- Both teams were tied at one at the halftime break.
- In the second half, Nikki Ratts was able to head it in for a goal in the 69th minute.
- Illinois Tech had a couple of shots on goal but Allison Lessila stopped them all.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Katie Hoefgen picked up a shot in her last match as a Scarlet Hawk.
- Catherine Klemp recorded two saves.
- Kennedy recorded a goal.
Season In Review
- The Illinois Tech Women’s Soccer team finished the year 14-5-1 overall and 9-2 in their first full season in the NACC. The Scarlet Hawks finished in second place in the conference.