How It Happened
- Both teams were playing well defensively in the first half as the Stars had five shots and the Scarlet Hawks had two.
- Dominican’s goalkeeper picked up a huge save in the first half after Kirsten Robinson had a shot on goal attempt in the 33rd minute.
- Caitlin Kenoian blocked a Stars goal in the 46th minute.
- Dominican recorded 11 total shots in the second half while the Scarlet Hawks only had one.
- Kenoian picked up another huge save in the 58th minute after a shot attempt by Tania Paez.
- Both teams went into overtime scoreless.
- Josseline Williams ended the tie and the match with a header in the 94th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- The Scarlet Hawks defenders allowed 19 shots and only one goal.
- Kenoian played 94 minutes and picked up two saves, despite giving up a goal.
- Kirsten Robinson, Erin James, Katie Hoefgen all recorded shots with Robinson’s being on goal.
Season In Review
- The Illinois Tech Women’s Soccer team finished the year 16-5-1 overall and 9-2 in their first full season in the NACC. The Scarlet Hawks finished in second place in the conference and as runner-up in the NACC Tournament.