Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Your next step in the graduation process is to attend Graduate Salute in the Hermann Hall Ballroom. You may come by anytime between noon and 7 p.m. on either Monday, April 29 or Tuesday, April 30. No appointment is needed; you are required to attend only one of these days. Graduate Salute is an important event that will help you prepare for Commencement.
Master’s and Undergraduate Students
Not able to attend Grad Salute? You can pick up your cap and gown and guest tickets* the morning of commencement. Review the Commencement day instructions. Do not send a friend or family member on your behalf; only graduating students can attend Grad Salute.
Not able to attend Grad Salute? If you are planning to attend the Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony on Friday, May 17, you will receive your cap and gown at check-in. No guest tickets are needed for the Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony. If you are ONLY attending the Opening Commencement Ceremony and/or Academic Unit Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 18 you will pick up your cap and gown and your guest tickets* the morning of Commencement. Review the Commencement day instructions.
At Graduate Salute you will:
- Pick up your regalia (cap and gown) and four guest tickets* for the Commencement ceremony. You must present your student ID to receive your items.
- Receive information from Career Services on your job search.
- Talk to the Illinois Tech Alumni Association and learn how to stay in touch with Illinois Tech after you have graduated.
- Order your personalized graduation announcements and class ring. You may view your options and pricing prior to Grad Salute here.
- Have a picture taken wearing your cap and gown. There is no obligation to purchase a photo even if you have one taken.
*Students who filled out the online Ceremony Response Form by the deadline (March 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m., CT) are eligible to receive four guest tickets. Students who did not respond on time have been put on a waiting list for guest tickets. Those students will need to contact their academic unit planner regarding any possible remaining guest tickets; guest tickets are not guaranteed for students who did not register on time. All students are welcome to participate in the Illinois Tech Commencement ceremony, but their guests are required to have tickets to be seated at both the Opening Ceremony and Academic Unit ceremonies and receptions.
Please come by Hermann Hall anytime between noon and 7 p.m. For more information about Graduate Salute and what to do if you cannot attend, visit the Commencement website.
Questions? Please contact the appropriate department:
- Undergraduate student application questions: email@example.com
- Graduate student application questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony questions: email@example.com
- Diploma questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Services questions: email@example.com
- International student questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commencement ceremony questions: email@example.com