Don’t miss out on the opportunity to address your graduating class.
- Are you an undergraduate student graduating this year?
- Are you interested in being the Student Commencement Speaker?
- Do you hold a GPA of 2.5 or higher?
- Are you an active and dedicated member of the Illinois Tech community?
- Do you have experience with public speaking?
If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply for this honor. To be considered, submit a copy of your resume and a draft of the speech you would like to present to Vickie Tolbert in the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 9. Four to five finalists will be selected and asked to present their commencement speech to the Commencement Committee. The committee will make its decision after listening to all finalists.
The speech should not be longer than three to five minutes and must be submitted electronically. Please direct any questions to Vickie Tolbert.