Balances, Holds, and Missing Financial Aid Requirements

Although it may seem that the fall semester has just begun, spring courses have been posted and registration is just around the corner. If you still have a balance with the university, the Office of Student Accounting will issue a hold on your account that will prevent you from registering for spring classes. Now is the time to submit any requested documentation to our office if you plan to finance your bill using federal or state aid.

If you have reviewed your financial aid requirements and are confused about the financial aid process or requested documentation, visit the Office of Student Accounting department in Perlstein Hall, Room 206 during counseling hours (Monday through Friday, between noon and 3 p.m.). We have a team of staff members ready to help you with any questions or concerns.

If you have a balance with the bill and have exhausted your federal and state financial aid options, you may want to consider a private loan. If a private loan is not an option, it is important to start a conversation about your situation with a representative from the Office of Student Accounting. Remember, it is better to address any uncertainty now than wait and have a larger problem later in the term.