The Illinois Tech Women’s Soccer team competed against Beloit College in a Homecoming match on September 17. Beloit downed Illinois Tech by a score of 6-0.
How it Happened
- Beloit tallied two goals in the first half on just seven shots. Illinois Tech could not get any of its five shots to find the back of the net, as the Buccaneers took a 2-0 lead into halftime.
- In the second half, Beloit scored two early goals before the 60-minute mark to take a commanding 4-0 lead.
- Beloit scored in the 74th minute and once more in the 89th minute to wrap up the day’s offense.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Anida Phetchanpheng led Illinois Tech with five shots and two shots on goal.
- Elizabeth Bremer and Kirsten Robinson each attempted three shots and one shot on goal.
Stats to Know
- Shots were even at 13 a piece.
- Illinois Tech committed 15 fouls compared to Beloit’s eight.
- Illinois Tech hosts St. Mary’s College (Indiana) on Wednesday, September 21 at 6 p.m. Live audio, video and stats will be provided. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.