Illinois Institute of Technology is offering a one-day Business Writing workshop on Wednesday, July 26 at the Rice Campus in Wheaton, Illinois.
The typical business professional spends a large amount of their time writing emails, proposals, performance reviews, procedures, recommendations, reports, and other communications. The importance of effective writing in the modern world of e-business continues to grow, yet surprisingly few seek to improve their business writing skills.
The objective of this workshop is to be able to immediately apply the newly obtained skills to the job. The workshop includes exercises, strategies, and case studies for the participants to learn and solve and then apply to their own situations. It is designed to improve the participants’ skills in business writing–memos, reports, letters, and proposals. Participants learn how to avoid common errors, conceptualize ideas, develop successful first-drafts, edit letters, and communicate effectively and efficiently.
Who should attend:
This workshop will be of benefit to all professionals who wish to improve their written communication skills. This program is ideal for anyone, it is ideal for people who are in both non-technical and technical fields— managers, employees, customers, engineers, regulatory agencies, lawyers, stockholders, etc.
The Illinois Institute of Technology Business Writing Workshop objectives include:
- Construct well-organized, clear, and concise letters, reports, and other correspondence.
- Develop skills in grammar, sentence structure, language, tone, and style.
- Develop skills in planning, organizing and editing business writing.
- Speed up the writing process when writing business documents
- Organize your ideas and conclusions coherently when writing
- Develop a professional, reader-friendly written style when writing
- Expand your range of language when writing business documents
- Edit your own and others’ business writing more effectively
- Improve the presentation of your business writing
Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in this outstanding one-day workshop on Business Writing. Other topics and activities included in this workshop are:
- Assess your writing style
- Prepare a draft cue outline
- Apply tips for writing efficiency and time management
- Evaluate letters and reports for improvement
- Edit your own personal letters and reports using the information from the workshop
- Use the 10 major Cs of good writing
- Complete exercises on grammar and punctuation
Dan Tomal, Ph.D., is an award-winning author, professor, and consultant. He has authored 21 books and over 200 technical reports, studies and articles. He has taught communications at Illinois Institute of Technology for 15 years and has consulted for numerous companies. He has testified before the United States Congress and made guest appearances on CBS This Morning, NBC Cover to Cover, ABC News, Chicago Talks, Tom Snyder, and CNBC.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. The cost of the workshop is $395 per person.
Questions? Contact Mary LaFleur at email@example.com or 630.682.6030.
This workshop awards .55 Continuing Education Units (CEU)