The Office of Academic Engagement would like to share a new opportunity in the Department of Homeland Security for recent-graduates.
The Department of Homeland Security HQ, Office of the Chief Readiness Support Officer Sustainability and Environmental Programs (SEP) invites you to join us on December 1, 2022 from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET for the Climate Change Professionals Program Information Session.
What is it?
- A two-year program that provides training and resources for DHS to meet and exceed climate change goals mandated by Executive Order (EO) 14008, Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad.
- Program curriculum:
- Technical climate change training
- Practicum focusing on DHS climate change projects
- Additional DHS-specific training centering on professional development
- Rotation through different DHS components throughout the 2-year training program
Who can apply?
- Recent graduates – Science based degrees are preferred
- Job announcements will be posted through USA Jobs
- DHS expects to hire 12 participants in FY23
What happens after completing the program?
- Successful completion of the program guarantees a fulltime position within DHS
- HQ or Component Office
- Typical grade level is GS-9 through GS-12
Meet the presenters
Dr. Teresa Pohlman: Dr. Pohlman is the Executive Director of Sustainability and Environmental Programs, has over 25 years of extensive leadership experience managing all aspects of public and private sector environmental and infrastructure programs and product development. Her background includes management positions, responsible for $300 million to over $1 billion annual budgets for environmental, infrastructure, and facility maintenance programs.
Jay Collert: Mr. Collert has over 45 years of experience in environmental laws and regulations with the United States Air Force, Government Institutes, ABS Consulting, Aarcher Institute of Environmental Training, the United States Secret Service, the United States Food and Drug Administration, and now the Department of Homeland Security Headquarters. In his current role, he manages environmental compliance programs for DHS HQ and oversees the Climate Change Professional’s intern cohort (Class of FY24).
Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/climate-change-professionals-program-information-session-tickets-441021656647