You’re invited to the finals gala of the third annual Grainger Computing Innovation Prize on Thursday, November 9 hosted by the College of Computing.
The finals will showcase the best of Illinois Tech as Grainger Prize finalists, consisting of teams of undergraduate and graduate students, present their projects to a jury of Chicago’s tech leaders. Don’t miss the chance to cast your vote to determine the winner of the Audience Choice Award!
Come support the finalists and share in the excitement as we crown our 2023 Grainger Computing Innovation Prize champion!
Thursday, November 9, from 2:30–6:15 p.m.
- Finalist presentations: 2:30–4:20 p.m.
- Reception and awards ceremony: 4:20–6:15 p.m.
- Hermann Hall Ballroom
Watch the five teams of finalists pitch their prototypes to a panel of esteemed judges from 2:30–4:20 p.m., then mingle at the reception and attend the awards presentation beginning at 4:20 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided.
We have a truly exciting range of projects among the five finalists, including:
- EIBreathe: a personalized machine learning-based screening method to diagnose Exercise Induced Bronchoconstriction (EIB) in elite athletes to promote health management and foster broader awareness of EIB.
- H2.0 Resilience: a dynamic flood prediction model for urban areas utilizing satellite imagery and machine learning to identify potential flood zones in cities to help initiate mitigation measures.
- InfaSafe: a non-invasive baby monitoring system to combat Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) integrating AI technologies like pose analysis and audio monitoring to provide real-time insights into an infant’s well-being.
- Robot S Helper: a real-time AI-powered wildfire management solution using diverse data sources to predict fire behavior and propose firefighting strategies.
- SPACES: a community-driven app connecting users with local events leveraging natural language processing and machine learning to offer tailored event recommendations to combat social isolation.
About the Grainger Computing Innovation Prize
The Grainger Computing Innovation Prize calls on Illinois Tech students to develop creative technology solutions to some of the most challenging problems facing the world today: education, health, energy, public safety, transportation, economic development, sustainable smart infrastructure, climate change, and more.
Finalists who tackle these challenging problems best win a share of $30,000 in prizes:
- First-place team: $15,000
- Second-place team: $10,000
- Third-place team: $5,000
The Grainger Computing Innovation Prize was established through a generous endowed gift from The Grainger Foundation, an independent, private foundation based in Lake Forest, Illinois, that provides substantive support to a broad range of If you have any questions about the Grainger Computing Innovation Prize competition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.