The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat is hosting its 13th annual Awards Symposium, Ceremony and Dinner. Registration for the CTBUH Awards Symposium will begin at 10 a.m. with the program starting promptly at 10:45 a.m. on Thursday, November 6, 2014 in Hermann Hall located on the Main Campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. The event features some of the most prominent voices in the world of tall building design, construction, operations and research, all of whom are being honored as part of the awards program.
The evening continues with a formal dinner and awards ceremony at the iconic S.R. Crown Hall, designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, at which the overall “Best Tall Building Worldwide Award” will be announced, determined by the Awards Jury’s evaluation of the four regional finalist presentations at the Symposium.
• Ole Scheeren, Principal, Buro Ole Scheeren, co-presenting The Interlace, recipient of the First Annual Urban Habitat Award
• Adrian Smith, Partner, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, presenting Federation of Korean Industries Tower
• Helmut Jahn, CEO, JAHN, presenting The Post Tower, recipient of the Tall Building 10 Year Award
• Tomohiko Yamanashi, Design Principal, Nikken Sekkei, presenting BioSkin, recipient of the Tall Building Innovation Award
• Douglas Durst, Chairman, the Durst Organization, receiving the Lynn S. Beedle Lifetime Achievement Award
• Leslie Shepard, Chief Architect, US General Services Administration, co-presenting the Edith Green Wendell Wyatt Federal Building, recipient of the Best Tall Building Americas award
• Bertram Beissel, Partner, Ateliers Jean Nouvel, co-presenting One Central Park, recipient of the Best Tall Building Asia & Australasia award
• Ellen van Loon, Partner, OMA, co-presenting de Rotterdam, recipient of the Best Tall Building Europe award
• Ahmed Al Hatti, Chairman, Cayan Group Real Estate & Investment, presenting Cayan Tower, recipient of the Best Tall Building Middle East & Africa award
The Symposium is free to attend, but registration is required. The Awards Ceremony and Dinner is a paid, ticketed event.
Full program information and schedule is available here.