Facilities is close to fully replacing FAMIS, the current maintenance work order system, and upgrading to an Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) – Planon Self-Service. Here are two short videos to learn more about what this change will offer Illinois Tech:
What is an IWMS?
Planon Software Suite
We are holding a contest to rebrand the new IWMS with an Illinois Tech-focused identity and a second contest for the best icon design to use on the myIIT portal dashboard. We can’t wait to roll the new system out to the university and we want you to help us do so in style.
Submit your brand name and/or your icon design by Sunday, January 21 at 11:59 p.m. via this form. You may submit multiple entries, however, each idea will need its own separate entry form.
When brainstorming, note some of the features and outcomes of the system that will benefit faculty, staff, and students:
- QR coding and customer apps
- User-friendly interface and photo upload options
- Improved communication through real-time notifications
- More proactive, reliable, and predictable service
- Research Planon and how it will work for Illinois Tech by watching the videos above
- All graphics must be 100% original; no official school images, logos, photos or hashtags
- Art must be submitted as an Illustrator EPS or JPG file, no PDFs
- Files must have a transparent background
- Icons should be sized similar to existing myIIT Portal icons
- Names should be relevant to the IWMS and Illinois Tech. Can you outdo our proposed titles including “PlanonIIT,” “WERCS (Work Order & Resource Center System & Support),” and “TechWorks”?
The winning icon design and original name (based on creativity and aesthetic appeal) will be announced and rolled out as the official Illinois Tech branding used to request a work order as well as other future functions of the IWMS. The winner of each contest will receive a $45 gift from Amazon.com. Planon is happy to sponsor this exciting contest and to see Illinois Tech turn to its students, staff, and faculty to brand this IWMS and truly make it their own. Planon will match the $45 gift from Amazon for the winner of each contest and would like to also feature the winners in a Planon press release announcement. Questions? Contact the Facilities Service Desk at email@example.com or 312.567.3320.