The Office of Community Affairs and Outreach Programs and Black Diamond Charities are offering a free project management fundamentals class to US military and veterans to help advance their civilian careers. The first of 5 classes will take place Saturday, November 12, in Galvin Tower IT Room 6C7-1 from 10:00–11:00 a.m. The course includes a certificate of completion documenting 35 hours of project management training.
Instructors are all PMP certified and bring a wealth of diverse industry experience to the classroom. At any given time, there will typically be half a dozen instructors in the classroom, providing great depth and diverse perspectives during the discussions that come up during topic lectures. The chemistry that comes out of a class of ~ 30 engaged veterans is just magical. Several of the instructors have illustrious military career backgrounds, as well as significant industry experience, and are a key part of cooking-up that magic.
THE 5-SESSION COURSE PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Teaches the fundamentals of project management
- Connects the dots between military experience and project management in civilian terms
- Provides actual project planning experience through group exercises
- Facilitates an engaging environment where camaraderie between veterans is built-up through team assignments and class discussions.
- 35-hour certificate of completion
Meeting for five full Saturdays in a row, the course includes a certificate of completion documenting 35 hours of project management training.
Register here: https://forms.gle/pZXjtp73mW2ZWktB7