The Student Health and Wellness Center will host a HIPAA update webinar from 1:00–2:00 pm on Wednesday, September 19. The center is located on the third floor of IIT Tower. If you are interested in attending, please email Melody McCray.
During the interactive webinar, you will:
- Obtain an overview and update of HIPAA compliance and responsibilities as they relate to higher education
- Learn about the areas of campus that may be covered by HIPAA
- Explore the recent HITECH amendments to HIPAA
- Understand breach notification regulations requiring entities covered by HIPAA to notify individuals when their health information is breached
- Explore the intersection of HIPAA and FERPA on campus
- Review business associate contracts with organizations that process claims for campus