CHICAGO—The Illinois Institute of Technology Athletic Department is excited to announce the formation of the new Athletic Advisory Board, which currently consists of six alumni student-athletes from multiple eras along with four staff advisors. The board meets on a regular basis to develop innovative and diverse strategies that will enhance the Illinois Tech student-athlete experience, as well as be a resource for leadership, and serve students through creative engagement.
Brad Krygier (MGMT ’80), who was asked by Illinois Tech President Alan W. Cramb to serve as chairman and reconstitute the board, cites two individuals as a driving force behind its formation.
“Trustee John Olin (ME ’61) and former Director of Athletics Joe Hakes envisioned an advisory board made up of athletic alumni to offer ideas and guidance using their experiences to improve the student-athlete opportunities at Illinois Tech, and the challenges facing athletics,” said Krygier. “So they encouraged several alumni to engage.”
Illinois Institute of Technology Athletic Advisory Board
- Brad Krygier (MGMT ’80) (Chairman)
- Jackie Sokolowski (PSYC ’06, MBA ’14)
- John Olin (ME ’61)
- Michael Mikula (MetM ’91, M.S. MetM ’93)
- Roxanne Myers (ARCE ’17, M.S. STE ’17)
- Taylor Grieve (ARCH with a Specialization in Digital Design ’16)
- Marc Colwell (Co-Interim Director of Athletics / Head Men’s Soccer Coach)
- Usha Gilmore (Co-Interim Director of Athletics / Coordinator of Compliance / Senior Woman Administrator)
- Akena Latino (Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement) (CHEM ’18)
- John Huebler (Senior Engagement & Major Gift Officer)
- David Nelson (Sports Information Director)
“I have found that it is our collective passions for our alma mater, and desire to give back that drives us to make a difference by honoring past, current, and future student-athletes to be the best they can be, help grow in their abilities, and build brand value for all alumni degrees earned at Illinois Tech,” said Krygier.