The Illinois Tech Men’s Soccer team picked up a non-conference victory against Maranatha Baptist (2-9) at Stuart Field on October 8. The Scarlet Hawks (7-6) outshot the Saber Cats (2-10), 23-4.
How It Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks scored three goals in the first 13 minutes of the match.
- Conner Shaw found the back of the net and got Illinois Tech on the scoreboard in the second minute.
- Luigi Michelin scored a goal in the fifth minute.
- Luke Holzman added to the lead as Quentin Dreilich passed to Diego Cazales and Cazales found Holzman for the back of the net in the 12th minute.
- Alex Kern picked up his second straight victory in goal, recording one save.
- Anastasios Manolis had a quiet second half as goalkeeper but he did not allow a goal.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Peter Fouchet recorded six total shots on the evening (two on goal).
- Matt Gombar, Shaw, and Christopher Reed all recorded three shots.
- Michelin recorded two shots (both on goal) and a goal.
- Dreilich picked up two huge assists that led to Scarlet Hawk goals.
- Illinois Tech returns to Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference action on Wednesday, October 10 against the Marian (Wisconsin) Sabres at 7 p.m.