On October 28, during an Extended Maintenance Window, the Illinois Tech community welcomed Phase 1 of the updated myIIT.edu portal, experiencing its new look and feel.
One of the changes appearing in Phase 1 involves the icons you used to see at the top of the screen; now those icons are no longer visible unless you click on the ‘grid’ in the top, right-hand corner of the screen. The new setup works in the same way as it does when you are trying to access the various Google apps.
Additionally, a few of the benefits that students now see on their new “Welcome Tab” include:
- An Integration with Blackboard – students can see courses, assignments, due dates, and scores
- A new “Quick-View” Portlet – in the upper, right-hand corner of the screen, students can view a new portlet that will include GPA, credit hours, next bill’s due date, holds, and your registration pin
- A Personal myIIT Profile – the Students’ Welcome Tab now contains your ID photo, name, user ID, and HawkCard, as well as a link to your contact information
Two of the channels in the former portal, both of which were found in the Training and Support Tab, are currently works-in-progress: Google Apps Account Maintenance and the Mypages application. These channels will be reintroduced later on in Phase 1 of the Portal Project.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with the new portal or if you have any questions, please contact the Support Desk on the Mies Campus at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 312.567.3375 (on campus x7DESK), or stop by the Paul V. Galvin Library Upper Level. Contact the Help Desk on the Downtown Campus at email@example.com, call 312.906.5300, or stop by Room 540.
Some troubleshooting tips and information for the new portal can be found via the below-listed links:
- Error Message – “The requested resource was not found https://my.iit.edu/cp/hom/check/pre)” – please click here
- Welcome Tab for Faculty and Staff – please click here
- Removing Your Photo ID from the Portal – please click here
The Portal Project will occur in phases over the course of a few years. In Phase 2, each tab in the portal will be reviewed with the relevant stakeholders and redesigned to maximize its usefulness to the Illinois Tech community.