It has come to our attention that with the implementation of the LoopLink transportation upgrade plan downtown, there have been a number of traffic management changes implemented along the Mies (Main) to Downtown Campus shuttle route.
In order to comply with the City of Chicago’s regulations, the elimination of certain stops has become necessary.
The following stops will be discontinued:
- Northbound: 225 S. Canal Union Station
- Southbound: Clinton Street (between Washington & Madison) Northwestern Station
- Southbound: Clinton & Adams (SW Corner) Union Station
The closest remaining stops to the discontinued ones are:
- Northbound: Madison Street (between Canal & Clinton) Northwestern Station
- Northbound: Adams & Jefferson (SE Corner) Downtown Campus
- Southbound: Adams & Jefferson (SE Corner) Downtown Campus
These changes will take effect beginning Monday, February 1, 2016. The remaining stops will retain their current schedule at this time. View the updated schedule here.
Please direct questions or comments to email@example.com.
Shuttle Schedule Change Q&A:
- Why did the schedule change?
- Can the shuttle stop a few blocks south of Union Station?
Illinois Tech’s Downtown Campus (at the corner of Adams and Jefferson) is in very close proximity of both train stations: Union Station is only one block east of the law school; Northwestern/Ogilvie Station is only two blocks north.
- What are the other commuter shuttles doing?
It is our understanding that all non-CTA buses must comply with the new regulations.
- Why did the shuttle retain its northbound Northwestern/Ogilvie Station stop?
At this time there is no indication that the LoopLink project will affect this location. Please note that we continuously evaluate the shuttle schedule; however mid-term changes are unlikely unless required.