The Jules F. Knapp Entrepreneurship Center presents, “Import/Export for Small Business” on Wednesday, October 26 from 6–8 p.m. at the Illinois Tech Institute of Design, 7th Floor (565 W. Adams Street, Chicago).
- Export success stories and tips
- Certified global business professionals—who are they, how they can help and where can you find them?
- US Export Assistance Centers
- Export loans and lenders
- State Trade Expansion Program (STEP)
- Illinois International Trade Centers
- SBA Exporting Staff—small business international trade development
- Government programs that offer training and financial assistance
Steve Bob, associate director, Illinois SBDC at UIC. Bob consults on everything from financial projections and process improvement, to marketing and funding. He holds an MBA in International Economic Development and boasts more than 20 years of experience with a diverse mix of organizations, including small business development centers, small credit unions, and a small business incubator.
Shelby Parchman, director of programs, Sunshine Enterprises Chicago, has spent 33 years as an entrepreneur in diverse industries including food, beverage, specialty chemicals, and real estate, plus 13 years of experience importing and exporting specialty chemicals and laboratory supplies.