IPRO Projects Innovation Day–Fall 2019
The culmination of the fall semester’s Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program was held at IPRO Project Innovation Day on Friday, December 6, where pre-selected teams from each course exhibited their semester-long work throughout Kaplan Institute. Dedicated panels of workplace professionals spent the afternoon judging IPRO projects, and voting on the best exhibits.
Following the exhibit judging, IPRO Day participants gathered in the Morgenstern Pitch for the closing award ceremony, where the winners of each track were announced.
- Track 1: Human-Centered Design for the Modern World
- Winner—1B. Southside STEAM: A digital skill building platform to introduce STEAM concepts and connect community partners with Chicago teens.
- Track 2: New Frontiers in Resource Capture
- Winner—2A. FarmToFork: Activating vacant lots on the Southside of Chicago with modular hydroponic units to combat food deserts.
- Track 3: Big Blue Marble—Water Quality and Environmental Awareness
- Winner—3B. Green Ocean: Genetically modifying marine cyanobacteria to degrade polyethylene terephthalate (PET), the most common plastic found in oceans.
- Track 4: Technological Innovation for STEM Education and Industry
- Winner—4C. Illinois Tech Railroad Club: A full size simulator of a locomotive cab to operate a train on their model railroad layout.
- Track 5: Public Safety Innovation
- Winner—5E. Haven: A service that connects people during weather emergencies. It matches dwellers in affected areas with hosts in safe locations to provide accommodation for 72 hours and provides pre- and post-storm support.
For more photos, please click here. The IPRO Program would like to thank all of the students, faculty, Illinois Tech partners, guests, judges, and sponsors for making this the best IPRO Day yet.