How It Happened
- The Muskies led early on, scoring in the 26th minute to take a 1-0 lead. It was the only goal scored for either team in the first half.
- Illinois Tech tied things up in the 53rd minute with Kirsten Robinson scoring off of a Daisy Tellez pass.
- Just three minutes later, Lakeland would score again to re-take the lead at 2-1.
- With time winding down, the Scarlet Hawks turned to leading goal scorer Anida Phetchanpheng. She delivered in the clutch, scoring in the 88th minute off of a Robinson pass to tie the score and send the match to overtime.
- In overtime, it was Phetchanpheng providing the offense once again. With just 12 seconds remaining, the senior scored to give Illinois Tech the 3-2 win.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Phetchanpheng scored twice on six shots and three shots on goal.
- Robinson led the Hawks with nine shots while adding a goal and an assist.
- Tellez recorded an assist.
- Madison Harris attempted three shots.
- Jessica Park made two saves in the win.
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot Lakeland 30-8.
- Illinois Tech committed 14 fouls compared to Lakeland’s seven.
- Illinois Tech attempted six corners. The Muskies attempted two.
- The Scarlet Hawks will host Concordia Chicago on Thursday, October 6 at 7 p.m. at Stuart Field. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live broadcast will be powered by Illinois Media School.