The Illinois Tech men’s soccer team hosted a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match on Saturday afternoon against the Eagles of Edgewood College. Illinois Tech (3-6, 0-2 NACC) was defeated by the Eagles (4-4-1, 2-0 NACC) by a 2-0 score.
How it Happened
- The Eagles put themselves on the board first in the 18th minute, as Sean Surtees scored on a penalty kick after an Illinois Tech foul in the box.
- Edgewood’s goal was sandwiched by scoring chances by Illinois Tech shortly before and after, with two saves and two rebound shots resulting in no goals.
- Out of the half, it was Edgewood again who was able to find the back of the net, as Zander Hartberg had a breakaway goal shortly after the intermission.
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
Stats to Know
- While Illinois Tech outshot the Eagles 16-12, Edgewood was ahead 6-4 in shots on net.
- Saves were even at 4-4.
- On Wednesday night, Illinois Tech will make a drive down Interstate 88 to oppose NACC foe Aurora University at 7:00 p.m.