The Illinois Tech Men’s Soccer team won its first Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match of the season against Concordia (Chicago) at Stuart Field on October 3. The 2-0 victory snapped a five-game losing streak for the Scarlet Hawks.
Illinois Tech out shot the Cougars, 11-4.
How It Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks played stellar, hard-nosed defense all match, allowing only four shots (one on goal).
- Peter Fouchet found Conner Shaw near the top of the box and Shaw scored to give the Scarlet Hawks the 1-0 lead.
- Alex Kern played the first half, without allowing a goal and recorded one save.
- Anastasios Manolis played in the second half, did not record a save but did not allow a goal.
- As time was winding down in the match, Santiago Bartolome scored in the 88th minute thanks to a feed from Oluwaseun Ogunsanya, moving the score to 2-0.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Anthony Olmos recorded two shots (one on goal).
- Bartolome had two shot attempts (both on goal) and scored a goal.
- Shaw recorded his second goal of the season on his only shot of the night.
- Illinois Tech returns to action on Saturday, October 6 against the Rockford University Regents at 3:30 p.m. at Sam Greeley Field.