The Illinois Tech men’s swimming and diving team hosted the Ted Erikson Invite on Saturday and looked impressive en route to a first-place finish. Illinois Tech’s 296 total points defeated Lincoln (110.5), Manchester (77.75), North Central (70), and Beloit (58.75).
- The 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Tyler Van Wagener, Louis German, Ryan Escasa, and Matthew Randle started the day off right with a win (1:42.25).
- Karsen Diepholz won the 1000 Yard Freestyle by over a full minute at 10:07.41.
- Ryan Escasa (1:52.40), Miles Thompson (1:53.69), Zachary Bonson (1:54.06), and RJ Schroeders (2:00.73) occupied the top four spots in the 200 Yard Freestyle.
- Randle earned a win in the 100 Yard Backstroke (57.42s).
- Van Wagener (2:08.42) and Peyton Goetschel (2:17.20) finished first and second in the 200 Yard Butterfly.
- Julian Escasa took home a win in the 100 Yard Freestyle with a time of 48.98s.
- In the 200 Yard Breaststroke, Jay Korhonen was victorious with a 2:32.79 time.
- Thompson, Goetschel, and Bonson were the top three finishers in the 500 Yard Freestyle, clocking in at 5:05.70, 5:11.04, and 5:11.17 respectively.
- Ryan Escasa earned his second victory of the day in the 100 Yard Butterfly at 53.76s.
- Tech also had the top four finishers in the 200 Yard Individual Medley: Korhonen (2:01.10), Diepholz (2:05.83), Randle (2:06.98), and Cohen (2:14.23).
- The 200 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Van Waegner, David Polzin, Ryan Escasa, and Diepholz closed the day in victory (1:31.76).
- The next regular-season action will be on Saturday, January 13 at 1:00 p.m. at Ecko Pool against Lawrence. Live video will be available for the meet.