The Illinois Tech Men’s Swimming and Diving team made the trip down Interstate 55 to Illinois Wesleyan University on November 11 to swim in a double dual against IWU and Carthage College. Illinois Tech downed the Titans 172-86 and fell to Carthage 210-84.
- In the 1000 Yard Freestyle, Karsen Diepholz took home a victory with a time of 10:08.41. Peyton Goetschel placed fourth in the same event with a time of 10:33.38, an improvement of nearly 10 seconds.
- Seth Wissenbach won the 200 yard Freestyle with a time of 1:48.65, a season-best.
- In the 100 Yard Backstroke, Matthew Randle placed second at 57.55s. He also finished second in the 200 Yard Backstroke (2:06.24).
- Jay Korhonen (2:02.71) and Wissenbach (2:06.27) occupied second and third place in the 200 Yard Butterfly. They also occupied third and fourth place in the 200 Yard Breaststroke (Korhonen – 2:13.96, Wissenbach – 2:23.38).
- The Escasa brothers were strong in the 100 Yard Butterfly. Julian Escasa placed second (54.14s) while Ryan Escasa was right behind (54.22s).
- Julian Escasa was also strong in the freestyle events. He placed third in the 50 Yard Freestyle at 22.53s and earned third-place in the 100 Yard Freestyle (49.36s).
- Miles Thompson earned third place in the 500 Yard Freestyle, clocking in at a season-best 5:09.49.
- Illinois Tech has a big weekend ahead, as the Scarlet Hawks will head to University of Chicago to compete in the three-day Phoenix Fall Classic from Friday, November 17 through Sunday, November 19.