The Illinois Tech Men’s Swimming and Diving team competed in the second day of the Liberal Arts Championships on February 9 at Principia College. Behind some strong individual and relay swims, Illinois Tech ended the evening in third place out of nine teams.
- Karsen Diepholz placed first in both the preliminary round (4:39.31) and final round (4:36.55) of the 500 Yard Freestyle. Miles Thompson (seventh place, 4:48.88 prelim, 4:51.55 final), Zachary Bonson (eighth place, 4:49.50 prelim, 4:54.07 final), and Luke Workman (12th place, 4:53.62 prelim, 4:55.40 final) followed him in the same event.
- Brendan Howley qualified for the 50 Yard Freestyle finals with a second-place preliminary finish of 21.13s. He finished the final round in third place (21.24s).
- The 400 Yard Medley Relay team of Ryan Lakner, Howley, Julian Escasa, and Diepholz placed third in the preliminary round (3:33.77) to qualify for the finals. The group placed fourth in the evening at 3:29.15.
- The 200 Yard Freestyle Relay of Howley, Matt Schindler, Workman, and Diepholz placed sixth in the preliminaries with a time of 1:28.92. In the final round, Illinois Tech improved to fifth with a time of 1:27.20.
- Jay Korhonen qualified for the finals in the 200 Yard Individual Medley, tying for sixth with a time of 1:58.61. He placed seventh in the final round at 1:58.46.
- The third day of the LAC Championships will take place on Friday, February 10 with the 200 Yard Medley Relay, 400 Yard Individual Medley, 100 Yard Butterfly, 200 Yard Freestyle, 100 Yard Breaststroke, 100 Yard Backstroke, and 800 Yard Freestyle Relay events.