ORLANDO, Fla.—The Illinois Tech men’s tennis team moved to a perfect 2-0 on its spring trip to Florida on Tuesday night with a win over UW-Superior. Tech (8-6) defeated the Yellow Jackets (1-6) by a score of 8-1.
- The Scarlet Hawks came out of the gate on fire, winning five of six singles matches. Adam Laitinen was first to finish playing out of the #3 spot, downing UWS’ Will Sherman 6-2, 6-1.
- Pol de Santiago (#1, 6-0, 6-0), Yousef Abdo (#2, 6-3, 6-1), and Brody Croonquist (#4, 6-2, 6-2) also dominated in singles.
- Tech’s tightest singles victory was courtesy of Abhishek Rana, as the #5 player won a tough 4-6, 7-6 (8-6), 11-9 match.
- In doubles the Scarlet Hawks were just as dominant, winning all three games. Mohmammed Shamel and Abdo combined to win 8-5 in #1, while Davis Housman/Andrew Woltmann (8-6 in #2) and Croonquist/Connor Mullane (8-5 in #3) also took home victories.
- The Scarlet Hawks will take on Hamilton tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. ET at the USTA National Center.