RIVER FOREST, Ill.—The Illinois Tech men’s volleyball team played its second Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match in as many days on Saturday against fifth-ranked Dominican. The Scarlet Hawks (0-6, 0-2 NACC) took a set, but fell 3-1 to the Stars (7-1, 2-0 NACC).
- DU 3, Tech 1 (26-24, 22-25, 22-25, 20-25)
How It Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks fought the Stars for the entire first set, building a lead as high as three (19-16) while never trailing by more than two. With DU up 24-23, the Scarlet Hawks scored three straight to win the first set, clinched on a kill from Evan Robeck.
- While the Scarlet Hawks hit over .300% in the next two sets, Dominican was able to do the same. A greater amount of chances and fewer total errors led the the Stars taking both sets 25-22.
- In set three, Tech offense was stifled, as Dominican rode its defense to a 25-20 win.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Michael Ganczar tallied 34 assists.
- Andriy Bench had 15 kills and five block assists.
- Lukasz Kupiec totaled 11 kills.
- Robeck had six block assists and one solo block.
- Men’s Volleyball hosts its first home match of the season on Friday, taking on Marian University. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.