Illinois Institute of Technology tenured and tenure-track faculty members are invited to submit multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary proposals for funding from the Educational and Research Initiative Fund (ERIF). The maximum award will not exceed $25,000. Proposals (including the budget and appendices) are limited to eight pages. An original of the proposal is due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Cayuse proposal record (routing sheet) must be completed by 5 p.m. as well. List sponsor as: Educational and Research Initiative Fund (ERIF).
For tje 2018 award period, ERIF proposals
- Must be based on the collaboration of two or more faculty members from at least two different academic units. The collaborators may be designated as co-PIs, or as PI and co-PI(s)
- Must be multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary in scope
- Must show substantial promise for developing a larger proposal for external funding. Each proposal must include strong evidence that the PIs have identified external funding agencies with potential interest in the proposal
- May not be used to supplement existing grants or contracts
Additional proposal characteristics may include:
- High risk or innovative ideas that need pilot funding at the pre-competitive stage
- New initiatives for the organization of multidisciplinary research programs leading to the development of research centers or consortia
Applicants must use a standard proposal format (click here for details).
The budget is limited to tuition and stipend expenses for students, except for a small amount of funding (up to five percent) that may be allocated for supplies. The award period is Friday, June 1, 2018 through Friday, May 31, 2019. Recipients will be required to submit a midterm progress report and a final technical report.
If you have any questions please contact Domenica Pappas at email@example.com.