NSF 18-561 – The Division of Chemistry at the National Science Foundation supports a large and vibrant research community engaged in fundamental discovery, invention, and innovation in the chemical sciences. The projects supported by CHE explore the frontiers of chemical science, develop the foundations for future technologies and industries that meet changing societal needs, and prepare the next generation of chemical researchers.
Some of the areas supported by CHE include:
- designing, synthesizing and characterizing new molecules, surfaces, and nanostructures – especially those with a focus on sustainability
- increasing our fundamental understanding of molecules and their chemical transformations
- developing new tools for chemical discovery, including those in data discovery science where increasing volumes and varieties of data are harnessed to advance innovation
- determining structure-function relationships in biological systems and contributing to our understanding of the fundamental rules of life
- observing, manipulating, and controlling the behavior of matter and energy in nanometer dimensions such as the quantum regime
- understanding chemical processes in the environment
- enabling next-generation technologies in sensing, computing, modeling, and communications; and solving complex chemical problems by the development of new theories, computations, and tools, including the synergistic combination of multiple types of instruments
This solicitation applies to nine CHE Disciplinary Chemistry Research Programs: Chemical Catalysis (CAT); Chemical Measurement and Imaging (CMI); Chemical Structure, Dynamics and Mechanisms-A (CSDM-A); Chemical Structure Dynamics and Mechanisms-B (CSDM-B); Chemical Synthesis(SYN); Chemical Theory, Models and Computational Methods (CTMC); Chemistry of Life Processes (CLP); Environmental Chemical Sciences (ECS); and Macromolecular, Supramolecular and Nanochemistry (MSN).
Saturday, September 1, 2018 – Sunday, September 30, 2018
All proposals to Chemical Catalysis (CAT); Chemical Structure, Dynamics and Mechanisms-A (CSDM-A); Chemical Structure, Dynamics and Mechanisms-B (CSDM-B); Chemical Theory, Models and Computational Methods (CTMC); and Chemical Synthesis (SYN)
Monday, October 1, 2018 – Wednesday, October 31, 2018
All proposals to: Chemical Measurement and Imaging (CMI); Chemistry of Life Processes (CLP); Environmental Chemical Sciences (ECS); and Macromolecular, Supramolecular and Nanochemistry (MSN)
If you are interesting in applying for this funding opportunity, please contact OSRP. Completed proposals are due in OSRP at least two business days prior to the window deadline set by the sponsor.