It has been an eventful year at Illinois Tech and now it is time to pass the torch to the next members of the President’s Student Advisory Council (PSAC). We are asking the Illinois Tech community to nominate exceptional student representatives for this council.
The council is intended to represent the different groups of students on campus and assist the president of Illinois Institute of Technology. Our mission is to empower students by voicing the opinions, ideas, or concerns of the students. We are a solution focused group that works together to address student concerns and be a force of change on campus.
Nominate someone who has the initiative to step up, take collective action, and better bridge the voice of the student body to the office of the president.
Once you nominate someone, we will reach out to them with the application form.
From the nominations, five at-large members will be selected to serve on the next council, while nine will be selected by the following groups on campus:
- President, Student Government Association
- Student Employee/Member, Residence Life/Residence Hall Association
- Member, Greek Life
- President, Student Athletic Advising Committee
- Member, International Student Organization
- Member, Media Organizations/Media Advisory Board
- Member, Graduate Student Association
- Member, Commuter Student Association
- Elected member by the Dean of Students
(These nine members are selected by the groups mentioned through discussion between the student members, faculty advisors and staff advisors of the organizations.)
Both nominations and applications will close on Friday, April 22 at 11:59 p.m.
We need viewpoints represented far and wide from the university, don’t underestimate the value of your perspective—nominate today.