The Paul V. Galvin Library is recruiting students to join its Student Library Advocates, to help spread the news about library services, programs, and spaces that contribute to student success on campus. Galvin Library is committed to enriching and enhancing the educational experience for students and to that end we will continue to work with students to gather input, but we also need students to assist in outreach to the IIT community. Advocates will be comprised of undergraduate and graduate students from various disciplines who will meet a few times each semester to:
• learn more about library services, collections and spaces
• develop effective communication strategies for reaching students
• foster programming ideas
• help identify trends in the student use of services and resources
• participate in the development of surveys or focus groups
Volunteering to join the Student Library Advocates not only creates a line item for a resume under Campus Activities and Leadership Opportunities, it gives students an opportunity to make an impact on student life on campus.
To participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 26, 2014. Write “Student Library Advocates” in the subject line and provide the following information:
• student status (undergraduate or graduate)
• major or intended course of study
• why you want to serve on Student Library Advocates
The first meeting of Advocates will be Thursday, October 2, 2014. Board meetings are held from 12:50-1:40 p.m. and lunch is provided. New members will be notified by Monday, September 29.