The Illinois Tech women’s tennis team battled to a split in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) action on Saturday. Illinois Tech (2-3, 2-1 NACC) defeated Wisconsin Lutheran 8-1 to start the day before falling 5-4 at the hands of Concordia University Wisconsin in the afternoon at XS Tennis.
Wisconsin Lutheran Highlights
- The Hawks came out of the gates on fire against Wisconsin Lutheran, sweeping the the doubles match ups. The top duo (Morgan Colbert/Hana Iverson) made quick work with a straight sets win. The #2 (Kylie Hance/Sophia Nelson) and #3 (Sarah Oshana/Mouna Chahin) wrapped things up in convincing fashion, both taking their matches 8-3
- The top two singles took care of business, with Colbert winning in dominant fashion 6-1, 6-0 and Hance winning 6-4, 6-3
- After dropping the #3 singles match, the bottom half of the lineup picked right back up and closed out the match with straight wins.
Concordia Wisconsin Highlights
- The afternoon match had a much different feel as the Scarlet Hawks found themselves down 2-1 after doubles action. Nelson/Hance took care of business in the #2 slot delivering a 8-4 victory
- The Hawks were able to take the top three singles matches as Colbert (#1), Iverson (#2) and Hance (#3) all won in straight sets giving the Hawks the advantage.
- The Falcons were able to sweep the #4-6 matches to take the match by a 5-4 score
- Kylie Hance was the star of the day, not dropping a single set in either doubles or singles in either match, overpowering her individual match-ups by a combined 24-10.
- The duo of Nelson/Hance won both match-ups they faced on the day.
- The Hawks will wrap up an action-packed weekend on Sunday when they travel to Wisconsin Whitewater for a 1:00pm match.