Illinois Tech Athletics has a busy week lined up, as Homecoming matches and alumni events headline a span of seven days that will see each fall sport in action.
Before taking a look at the rest of the week, here’s an overview of all athletic events taking place on Saturday, September 16 for Homecoming:
- Alumni Swim Meet, 11 a.m., Keating Sports Center’s Ekco Pool
- Men’s Soccer Alumni Game, 11 a.m., Stuart Field
- Baseball Alumni Game, 11 a.m., Ed Glancy Field
- Women’s Soccer Match vs. Coe, 3 p.m., Stuart Field. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. Live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.
- Women’s Basketball Alumni Game, 4:30 p.m., Keating Sports Center
- Men’s Basketball Alumni Game, 5:30 p.m., Keating Sports Center
- Men’s Soccer Match vs. Beloit, 7 p.m., Stuart Field. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. Live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.
In addition to the homecoming game on September 16, Women’s Soccer will also play at North Central College on Tuesday, September 12 at 7 p.m., at Concordia-Chicago on Thursday, September 14 at 4p.m., and at Dominican University on Monday, September 18 at 4 p.m. Live links to all matches will be available on the Women’s Soccer schedule page.
Men’s Soccer will travel to Defiance College on Wednesday, September 13 for a 3 p.m. match. Defiance will provide live stats for the contest.
The first home event this week will be Women’s Volleyball, as Illinois Tech hosts Concordia-Chicago on September 12 at 7 p.m. in Keating Sports Center. The match is a RED OUT, as fans are encouraged to wear red to support the Scarlet Hawks. Live audio, video, and stats will be available for the match. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.
Women’s Volleyball will also play a total of four matches on Friday. September 15 and September 16 at the Saint Mary of the Woods Tournament. Illinois Tech will take on four opponents who figure to be some of the USCAA’s top competition this season.
Men’s Tennis will open its season on September 14 with the first match in program history, hosting Aurora University at Dunbar Park at 4 p.m. Women’s Tennis, who is off to a 4-1 start this season, will play at Rose-Hulman on September 16 at 11 a.m.
Men’s and Women’s Cross Country will compete in the UW-Whitewater Invite on September 16 at 10:45 a.m.
This week’s Scarlet Hawk of the Week Honorees:
Brandon Bortei-Doku (Men’s Soccer): one goal, four assists in Illinois Tech’s two wins last week
Sophia Nelson (Women’s Tennis): has won her last three singles matches and last two doubles matches, showing large improvement each match in her freshman season