MADISON, Wis.—The Illinois Tech men’s basketball team competed at Edgewood College on Saturday in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) contest. After staying close in the first half, the Scarlet Hawks (10-7, 7-5 NACC) were sluggish after the break and were defeated by the Eagles (7-10, 7-5 NACC) 75-53.
How It Happened
- It was a slow offensive start to the contest with both teams struggling to score. Edgewood took the first distinct advantage, jumping out to an 11-7 lead on a Jake Negus three-pointer with 12:51 remaining.
- After Jake Bruns broke a long drought for Tech at the 9:56 mark, the Scarlet Hawks would seize control. A Parker Joncus lay-up with 3:12 remaining in the half gave Tech a 25-20 lead, its largest of the night.
- The Eagles would find offense at the end of the half, scoring 13 points over the final three minutes. Negus hit a three with two seconds before halftime, giving Edgewood a 33-27 lead heading into intermission.
- Tech would struggle to gain traction in the second half, as Edgewood outscored the Hawks 42-26 in the final 20 minutes. The Eagles shot 52.0% from the floor over that span and made four three-pointers.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Max Hisatake scored 17 points, seven rebounds, three assists, and three blocks.
- Otis Reale had 11 points.
- The Milwaukee School of Engineering will visit the Scarlet Hawks on Tuesday night. The 7 p.m. will have live audio, video, and stats, with the live audio powered by Illinois Media School.