The Illinois Tech women’s soccer team hosted the Knox College Prairie Fire on Sunday evening at Stuart Field. Illinois Tech (3-3) was downed by Knox (5-2-1) by a score of 3-1.
How it Happened
- The first half saw Knox dominate possession, outshooting the Scarlet Hawks 11-1.
- Jenna Li put the visitors on the board from a Lydia Mitchell assist in the 14th minute. In the 32nd minute, Mitchell scored off of an Emma McCormick pass to give Knox a 2-0 advantage.
- Knox would push one more past the keeper in the 34th minute, as McCormick scored unassisted.
- Illinois Tech was aggressive in half number two, outshooting the Prairie Fire 8-1. However, the team’s only goal of the half came from Emily Dashiell, who scored unassisted in the 78th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Dashiell led the team with three shots, all of which were on net. Her goal was her third of the season.
- Anna Delseith also took three shots, with two being on goal.
- The Steel City awaits the Scarlet Hawks, as Illinois Tech will oppose Carnegie Mellon on the road in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Sunday. The non-conference contest will take place at 11:00 a.m. central time (noon eastern time).