The Illinois Tech Scarlet Hawks traveled to Lincoln Christian on December 10 for a weekend contest. Illinois Tech started the game off strong, but a late second half charge led the Red Lions past the Scarlet Hawks 59-35.
How it Happened
- Stifling defense allowed the Scarlet Hawks to jump out to a 9-8 lead after one. Illinois Tech held the Red Lions to just 15.8% shooting over the first 10 minutes.
- April Wanagas‘s five points and another great defensive effort in the second quarter allowed the Scarlet Hawks to build the lead. Illinois Tech led 19-14 at halftime.
- Lincoln Christian found another gear in quarter number three, pouring in 27 points.
- LC’s dominance continued in the fourth, outscoring the Scarlet Hawks 18-12 despite five more points from Wanagas.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Wanagas led the Scarlet Hawks with 12 points.
- Kaylee Wicka added 11 points, nine rebounds, two steals, and a blocked shot.
- Erin Efimoff contributed seven points and four rebounds.
Stats to Know
- Both teams hit three shots from beyond the arc (Illinois Tech three-of-10, LC three-of-21).
- Lincoln Christian narrowly won the turnover battle (19-17).
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Milwaukee School of Engineering on Wednesday, December 14 for a 7 p.m. contest.