How it Happened
- Alexis Flores took over early for the Cardinals, scoring twice in the game’s first 15 minutes to build an early advantage for NCC.
- In the 23rd minute, NCC’s John Borzick scored his first goal of the match to give the Cardinals a 3-0 lead, which held into the intermission.
- In the 76th minute, a pair of freshmen combined for Illinois Tech’s lone goal of the match. Michael Podsiadly scored on a cross from Zach Whritenour. It was the first collegiate goal and assist for each player.
- Just over two minutes after the Podsiadly goal, Borzick scored again for the Cardinals to bring the match to its final score of 4-1.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Podsiadly scored on one of his two shots.
- Whritenour added the assist.
- Noah Griffith led the Scarlet Hawks with four shots and two shots on goal.
Stats to Know
- NCC outshot the Hawks 20-10 overall and 10-3 on net.
- Illinois Tech committed 12 fouls compared to 11 for NCC.
- The Cardinals won the corner kick tally 8-4.