The Spring 2023 UPass opt-in period ended on January 21, 2023. New requests may not be added for this term. Information regarding the Fall 2023 UPass program will be provided in a future update.
Current UPass Program Participant Reminders
Illinois Tech partners with the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) to facilitate affordable access to public transportation for eligible students. On a semester basis, the university updates student eligibility for Ventra UPasses based on enrollment status (full-time required), activates cards for continuing participants, and orders and distributes new and replacement cards. The university is also required to deactivate UPass cards for students that reduce their enrollment below full-time status.
• The Spring 2023 UPass will be valid through Sunday, May 7.
• New Ventra UPass cards must be activated by calling CTA at 877-450-5328.
• A new card will not be issued each semester. Your Ventra card is intended to last throughout your program at Illinois Tech, unless a replacement card is required.
• Download the Ventra App to monitor your account, add additional transit value and get real time arrival and departures information.
• Students may need to add value if using their Ventra card to pay for a guest or in between active UPass semesters.
Visit the UPass Program Page for additional information. Please direct specific questions regarding your UPass account to email@example.com.