Illinois Tech graduate students currently enrolled in a Master of Science or Doctoral program are invited to apply for the Starr/Fieldhouse Research Fellowship. Each fellowship provides up to $15,000 for one year and can be used only for tuition support and stipend. The fellowships are not renewable, but may be supplemented by funding from other sources.
The fellowships are made possible through a generous donation from the Starr Foundation, and Illinois Tech’s capital campaign match to honor Irv Fieldhouse, who until his death in 2005 had been an active member of the Illinois Tech/IITRI community for more than 40 years. To enhance Fieldhouse’s commitment in developing joint research projects, both fellowships target research that leads to cooperation between Illinois Tech and IIT Research Institute (IITRI), the Institute for Food Safety and Health (IFSH), Fermilab, or Argonne National Laboratory (ANL).
DEADLINE: The deadline for applications is no later than 5 p.m. on April 5, 2021.
- Students Illinois Tech students currently enrolled in a Master of Science or Doctoral program
- The student must be nominated by an Illinois Tech faculty member.
- The fellows are required to pursue advanced study and research under faculty guidance; support faculty and their external advisors in specific research projects, and make their own contributions to academe through writing and research.
- International students are eligible to apply.
- Illinois Tech tenure-track Assistant Professor or above.
- Note: The Illinois Tech advisor should recommend the contact and initiate the communication with IITRI, IFSH, Fermilab, or ANL.