Feeling stressed? Visit the Stress Free Zone (brought to you by Paul V. Galvin Library and the Student Health and Wellness Center) in Galvin Library from November 27 through Friday, December 1 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. The zone is located in the Cherry Room near the Group Study Suite in the lower level of Galvin Library.
The zone will be a quiet space for relaxation and will include:
- calming aromatherapy
- listening stations with relaxing music
- coloring stations for stress relief
- low lighting for a relaxing atmosphere
- therapeutic kinetic sand
- information on relaxation techniques and self-care
Join us in the zone for relaxing workshops led by the Student Health and Wellness:
- Mindfulness workshop on Thursday, November 30 from 12:45–1:05 p.m.
- Mindfulness is the ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. It is a skill that can help you manage stress as you prepare for your finals.
- Guided breathing exercises workshop on Wednesday, November 29 and December 1 from 12:45–1:05 p.m.
- Come learn about the power of your breath and leave knowing how to use your breath to ease your stress and anxiety.
Note: studying, cell phone usage, food, and conversation is not allowed in the zone.