The Office of Student Employment is sharing some relevant updates to ensure a successful start to summer 2015 and the new wave of student employees and supervisors. Here are some important dates and information about hiring students:
- The dates for employment in the summer session to be used on payroll authorizations(PAs) are Monday, June 1, 2015 through Saturday, August 22, 2015. Use these dates on all new PAs so they aren’t rejected. Remember that students who are already working in your office who will continue to work through the summer do not need termination PAs.
- Student Employee Supervisors can begin submitting PAs for the summer session on Tuesday, May 26, 2015, but not before this date. To ensure that new and returning students are paid by Friday, June 12, 2015, PAs need to be submitted by Sunday, May 31, 2015. New students can start entering time sheets on Sunday, June 7, 2015.
- All student timesheets are due by 10 a.m. on Mondays when timesheets are due. Have students submit their timesheets online to avoid errors and delays. Students who fail to submit their timesheets on time may not be paid on the scheduled pay date.
- Students may now work up 40 hours per week.
- All Main Campus students must go to the One Stop Office (located in The McCormick Tribune Campus Center, Room 106) to submit paperwork. No paperwork will be accepted from supervisors or other third parties for these students.
- Students from the Downtown Campus or other campuses may scan and submit their paperwork electronically. This must be followed up by the original paperwork through interoffice mail.
- Remember that if a student worker will not be returning you must submit a termination payroll authorization to Kathryn Potts – Tech Central, 4th floor.
The Office of Student Employment will conduct workshops for student employees during the summer to answer questions about working on campus.