We are thrilled to announce that the Department of Education has initiated the soft launch of the 2024-25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Please be advised that while the application is open it may be periodically down for maintenance as the Department of Education makes updates to enhance your user experience and you will need to check back at a later time.
Please visit studentaid.gov to complete the 2024-25 FAFSA at your earliest convenience. Depending on whether you have completed the application in a previous academic year, you will either select “Start Here” or “Log In”, as shown on the page.
Undergraduate Illinois residents are encouraged to complete their FAFSA as soon as possible to ensure they are considered for an Illinois MAP Grant, as the state has a limited amount of MAP Grant funds available each year.
If you have questions, please utilize this page for more detailed instructions on FAFSA completion.
Consider the following:
- Know who your contributor is and have the information needed so you can invite them to complete and sign their section of the FAFSA, which includes the following:
- Legal name* (from their Social Security Card);
- Date of birth*;
- Social Security Number (SSN*) if they have one;
- Mailing address** if they don’t have an SSN; and
- Email address
- Each contributor will need to have their own FSA ID to complete their portion of the FAFSA. If your contributor(s) do not have an FSA ID, they need to create their account.
- Have the information required to complete the FAFSA, which includes 2022 federal tax information for you and your Contributor(s) so you have the information available if you are unable to electronically transfer the data from the IRS.
Don’t delay, complete your 2024-25 FAFSA today!
For more tips and resources on completing the FAFSA, we encourage you to visit our webpage. Here, you will find valuable information to guide you through the financial aid application process.
To learn more about the 2024-25 FAFSA check out Illinois Tech’s blog.
For any other questions, please get in contact with our team or schedule an appointment.
*The legal name, date of birth, and SSN have to match what the contributor used when setting up their FSA ID.
**The mailing address will have to match what is in the contributor’s FSA ID to complete the linking process.