TIAA, one of Illinois Tech’s 403(b) Retirement Plan vendors, has announced several educational webinars running from October 13–15. Sessions are listed below, and are open to all retirement plan participants regardless of the vendor with which they invest. For additional information, visit tiaa.org/webinars. Click on the Direct Links to join the webinars without needing to register.
- Planning with Retirement Assets, October 13 at 11 a.m.: Your retirement assets will play a significant role in creating your retirement income. However, there are many rules surrounding your use of these assets. When can I start taking distributions? When must I start taking distributions? What happens when I leave them to my loved ones? Join us to get the answers to all of these questions and more. Direct link: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2557670/BB90C69FDDE59629B6904C790A2E332B
- Understanding Medicare, October 13 at 2 p.m.: Paying for healthcare in retirement is a critical part of financial planning and it is important to understand how Medicare operates and what choices you have. This webinar will help you understand some aspects of Medicare including eligibility and what plans are available to you. We hope that you will join us for this educational event. Direct Link: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2557679/1A66AEA2B5CD73E3A13EC50B40B8CAEA
- Quarterly Economic and Market Update with TIAA’s Chief Investment Strategist, October 14 at 11 a.m.: Take a closer look at our views on the financial markets, including key market drivers, U.S. economy, policy and politics, and investing in public markets. This seminar will also cover the challenges that investors face and how to navigate them. TIAA’s Chief Investment Strategist will discuss economic and market developments that may impact your retirement savings strategy. Direct link: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2557693/206BADC75999C125036C7E20266AB7D5
- An Introduction to Alternative Investments: Real Estate, October 14 at 2 p.m.: During times of market and other uncertainties, we believe that having real estate as part of your portfolio can help provide three critically important investment attributes: liquidity, low leverage, and diversification. This presentation will discuss the reasons to consider investing in private real estate and provide an overview of the real estate market and its outlook for the future. Direct Link: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2557707/7EA6B9E414534589C4005B595C859F0F
- (JUST IN TIME FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT!) Understanding Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), October 15 at 11 a.m.: You may know about the tax advantages of contributing to a Health Savings Account (HSA), but did you know that HSAs are also a way to save for health care in retirement? This webinar will help you understand unique aspects of HSAs including how they help account owners to pay for current health care expenses and save for those in the future. Direct link: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2557714/67F04C8A4562549035042F03DBCEB373
- Cybersecurity, October 15 at 2 p.m.: Are you concerned about identity theft and your family’s security online? TIAA’s Information Security team will discuss how you can protect yourself and your family from cybercriminal social engineering. Direct link: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2557719/BE0DBD64BFFC50BC89F0E32AD645DC55
For information on Illinois Tech’s retirement plans, please visit the HR Portal Retirement Plan page. As always, questions regarding the retirement plan can be directed to Viktoria Rill in Human Resources at email@example.com.