The Jules F. Knapp Entrepreneurship Center will host a workshop titled “Understanding IP for Future Financings” on Wednesday, June 14 from 6–8 p.m. at Chicago-Kent College of Law (565 W. Adams St., Chicago) 7th floor.
Attendees will learn about:
- intellectual property
- financing documents
- how to protect IP in a manner that facilitates quick financings
- the role of disclosure schedules in purchase agreements
- best practices for companies to implement to streamline the due diligence process.
Heather Harper is a professor at Chicago-Kent College of Law and the founder of the Startup Legal Shop at the C-K Law Group: The Law Offices of Chicago-Kent. Harper is active in Chicago’s startup community and serves as a mentor at 1871, mHub, the Polsky Exchange, and other startup organizations in Chicago.
Catherine Larson is a recent graduate from Chicago-Kent College of Law and current law clerk at the Startup Legal Shop at the C-K Law Group: The Law Offices of Chicago-Kent.
The Startup Legal Shop provides services in the areas of:
- transactional matters common to growth companies
- choice of entity and entity formation
- contract review and drafting
- corporate governance issues
- review of leases
- researching legal issues as appropriate, and trademark searches and filing
View a flyer here: IP Workshop.