The news of the devastating earthquake that struck Turkey and Syria last week has greatly impacted us all at Illinois Tech, especially members of those communities. The area affected is home to millions of people and spans an area greater than the distance between Chicago and St. Louis. Our hearts are with those impacted.
Illinois Tech students have created a website to facilitate donations to support front-line workers. Donations can be made through various methods, including Venmo, PayPal, Apple Pay, credit/debit cards, and cryptocurrency.
Below are some other ways to support organizations providing relief to the victims of the earthquake:
- UNICEF—Turkey/Syria Earthquake
- AHBAP, a nongovernmental organization with search teams and that is serving basic necessities
- Red Cross U.K., which is working with the Turkish Red Crescent and Syrian Arab Red Crescent
- AKUT, a volunteer/nongovernmental organization on the ground in Turkey
- Embrace Relief, a U.S.-based international relief and development organization
- Molham Team, a volunteer/nongovernmental organization on the ground in Syria
- Mercy USA, Launchgood
- Islamic Relief USA
- Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS)
- Syria Relif and Development (SRD)
- Syria Forum USA