Welcome to the new IIT Today, which brings a variety of new features, including permanent links for every article and announcement, better search functionality, content sorting using categories and tags, social media implementation, integration of Google Calendar, and more. The new site will have new content added every day, allowing greater flexibility and ability to get urgent announcements out to the IIT community.
In addition to the new functionality of the site, IIT Today begins daily distribution via email today. Instead of a sometimes bulky email delivered only on Mondays and Thursdays, a leaner IIT Today email will go out first thing every morning, Monday through Friday (unless the university is closed). The email will have linked headlines for news and announcements added to the site the previous day, and a list of the day’s events on campus.
The new site allows IIT departments, faculty, students, and staff to submit news and announcements in a more streamlined fashion. The new content submission form allows submitters to select the category for their news item, upload multiple attached files and photos, preview their posts before submitting, and add some HTML formatting.
The content of the site will also be slightly reworked, eliminating the Reminders section and adding categories for Faculty & Staff and Athletics to the News, Students, and IIT In the News categories.
Looking for something?
- Use the navigation at the top of the page to view news and announcements by category. Click on a tag at the bottom of any individual item to find news and announcements on the same topic.
- Use the buttons on the right hand side of the navigation bar above to find IIT Today on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, and Google+.
- Visit the About page for information about IIT Today, including links to RSS feeds for each category and other IIT news sources.
- The search bar at the top right corner of the page searches only IIT Today content. Click the “www.iit.edu” link on the navigation bar to return to the IIT home page, where you can search the entire IIT website.
- Looking for older content? We are working to move all of the older IIT Today content to the new site. In the meantime, you can access the archive here.
The new site has been designed, and will be updated and upgraded in the future, based on feedback from the IIT community. We will continue to welcome feedback and suggestions to improve the site. Please send us your thoughts about the new site to email@example.com. And don’t forget to send your news and announcements to IIT Today. We can’t know about the exciting events happening on campus or the many accomplishments and awards of students, faculty, and staff unless you tell us!