Undergraduate Degree Works and Graduate Degree Works will be fully upgraded from the current version to the latest version by Monday, July 27. Degree Works is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, web-based academic advising and degree audit tool that helps students and their advisors successfully navigate curriculum requirements.
Users will notice visual changes, including a new user interface, as well as functional enhancements. The Degree Audit Worksheet displays more responsively in a mobile environment, the exception processing experience has been improved, and this upgrade is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Highlights of Changes in the Degree Works Upgrade
- A new responsive dashboard, featuring:
- An improved process flow of the Exceptions tab, where the user can first review the audit before creating the exception; both the add-exception and remove-exception page have been combined into one
- In-progress and pre-registered classes that can sort by term
- An added Athletic Eligibility audit
- External links are now allowed: you can link to any site on or off campus from within Degree Works.
- A combined Look Ahead and What If audit
- Improvements to the Student Educational Planner (SEP4), including:
- Additional Course Link functionality
- Remaining requirements that are shown in the Still Needed display of the planner
- Being fully responsive on a mobile device
- Improved Template Management
- The same user experience for using both the Student Education Plan and the Template Management feature are available in the Responsive Dashboard
If you have questions about this upgrade, please email the Project Management Office (PMO), at email@example.com. To see more specific details about Degree Works upgrade, view the Degree Works 5.0.3 Release Guide.