How it Happened
- Both teams traded baskets in the first quarter, with six lead-changes between the two. Four of the five Scarlet Hawk starters scored in the initial quarter, with Shannon O’Donnell leading the way with seven points in the first. Adrian led by one after one.
- The Bulldogs managed to get out to a seven-point lead after three minutes into the second quarter. O’Donnell added six more points in the quarter while Erin Efimoff added eight first half points but Adrian continued to grow their lead, holding a 46-29 advantage at halftime.
- Raiven Johnson added two quick baskets for the Scarlet Hawks to begin the second half, cutting into the deficit. Despite a balanced attack, Illinois Tech could not close the gap to less than 10 by the end of the quarter and trailed 66-56.
- To begin the fourth quarter, Madison Davis scored eight points in less than two minutes and Illinois Tech only trailed by eight (72-64). Adrian’s leading scorer Emily Somerville scored 11 of her 25 points in the second half and closed the game out down the stretch for the Bulldogs, who took with victory 84-73.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- O’Donnell led the Hawks with a double-double of 32 points and 10 rebounds. O’Donnell also had five assists and three steals.
- Efimoff scored 20 points and pulled down eight rebounds. She added three steals and an assist.
- Davis also scored in double-digits with six assists and two steals.
Stats to Know
- Rebounds were favor of Adrian 49-34.
- Adrian also led in assists (18-13).
- Illinois Tech led 20-19 in points off turnovers.
- Points in the paint were tied at 32.
- Illinois Tech will continue the road trip in Michigan against Grace Bible on Tuesday, January 16 at 4 p.m.